Boosting the financing of innovation for green growth sectors through innovative clusters services in the MED area
In Turin, on April 11th – 12th 2018, Piemonte Region held the kick-off meeting of the European project finMED “Boosting the financing of innovation for green growth sectors through innovative clusters services in the MED area”.
The project activities benefit from the European Community funding within the 2nd Call for Integrated Projects of the Transnational European Cooperation Programme for the Mediterranean area, the “Interreg MED Programme 2014-2020”. As a matter of fact, with € 3,655,629.31, the EU contributes to support the project for 85% of the total budget which is equal to € 4,300,740.36.
Within the finMED project, a pool of regions, clusters, business support organisations, knowledge providers and development agencies joined in their forces in order to boost the financing of innovation in green growth sectors through improved delivery of policies and strategies and the introduction of innovative cluster services.
The project delivers concrete outputs and results in three fields:
1- Public policies delivery, by developing and adopting new concepts, principle and practices to finance green growth strategies;
2- Innovation and business environment, by improving interaction and collaboration (at regional and transnational level) among involved stakeholders and bridging the gap among enterprises and financers;
3- Green sectors capacities, by stimulating and actively supporting their adaptability to the most impellent financing challenges.
The project also develops a proper specific position on the future of green sectors innovation financing, supporting the policy debate for the 2021-2028 programming period in the MED and EU area.
The project, with a 4-year duration, is headed by the Italian partner REGIONE PIEMONTE (PIEM), and involves 14 other European partners and 2 associated partners, namely:
- University of Turin – Department of Management (UNITO), Italy
- Region of Western Macedonia(RWM), Greece
- Sarajevo Economic Regional Development Agency (SERDA), Bosnia and Herzegovina
- University of Algarve – Division of Entrepreneurship and Technology Transfer (UAlg), Portugal
- Larnaca-Famagusta District Development Agency (ANETEL), Cyprus
- ENVIRONMENT PARK SPA (ENVIPARK), Italy
- Autonomous Region of Sardinia – Industry Department (RAS), Italy
- Jožef Stefan Institute (JSI), Slovenia
- CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS (CERTH), Greece
- EA ECO-ENTREPRISES (EA), France
- Gozo Development Agency(GDA), Malta
- Collectivity of Corsica (CTC), France
- IVACE, Spain
- TECHNOLOGICAL CORPORATION OF ANDALUSIA(CTA), Spain
- Commission for the Coordination and Regional Development of Algarve (Portugal)
- Agency of Innovation and Development of Andalusia IDEA (Spain)
Kick-off meeting in Turin, Italy.
For further information and to join the network, please contact: